• Visit the Project Morrinho exhibition - a cultural oasis in Pereira da Silva showing a huge mini favela model made with blocks
• Visit and experience the story of thePereira da Silva favela, as told by Cirlan, the founder of Project Morrinho
• Workshop to create a model Morrinho by yourself, with small bricks and blocks and painting materials - allowing you become a part of the construction of the mini favela exibit
• Interact with Kelly, a local resident who began his career in Project Morrinho and went on became a community leader involved in many social projects
• Enjoy the one of the best views of Rio de Janeiro and have lunch in a restaurant inside the community
The experience start with a walk around the community towards Project Morrinho, where Cirlan will talk about the history of the favela and its unique features, with local residents and points of interests.
The group will then arrive at Morrinho and engage in a conversation about the history of the project: it began as a simple childhood game to escape from the realities of violence and corruption that surrounded the teens and their community.
The visitors will find that it's a cultural oasis for children of the community - allowing them engage creatively with art in a playful fashion, while expressing themselves and their reality in a creative manner.
After walking around the tiny colorful houses, bars and motels and discovering graffiti art and wonderful details everywhere, visitors will start the construction of their own mini favela model.
To complete this phase of their tour, visitors will connect with Kelly and have an interactive session with one of the people that was positively impacted by Project Morrinho. Kelly now is involved in many social projects and is know as a leader within the community.
The tour will end in ABCD Restaurant - a great point in the favela, where people can enjoy a great view of Rio de Janeiro, along with a delicious and truly unique food experience on the community terrace.
We will meet at Av Almirante Alexandrino, 2023 in front of Assunção Colegio. In Santa Teresa neighbourhood. The best way to get there is taking a cab from the metrostation Gloria to the meeting point